Upcycling- Teapot cover

I love Marimekko print but the fabric is pretty pricey (like $50-$60 per yard). For this project, I modified a Marimekko pot holder that I got when it was on sale for $12 to a teapot cover.

tea time gif

45543862_10155869022727584_7686879797749743616_n
My old Marimekko pot holder I got for $12

Most of my friends know that I’m obsessed with tea…

40778367_10155737221497584_7127090759869661184_n
These aren’t all of them. I have several more in the cabinet.
Took the existing fabric apart
I sewed on a piece of black felt onto each piece of fabric

Once I finished sewing felts to both pieces of fabric. I sewed both sides together.

I sewed both sides together with the felt sides out. I made round stitches on the upper corners.
Flipped it over… Tada!
Done!